CFO Asset Management Real Estate en Arcano Partners
Reporting to the Head of the Real Estate division within the Investment Management arm of Arcano Partners.
Invested in the last 30 months a value added fund with an overall equity commitment of ca. €80MM in a wide range
of different asset classes (credit, residential land for development, hospitality assets, office refurbishment and
development, etc.) totalling over €150MM investment value, many of them under JV structures with different
partners. Currently investing a €250MM vehicle also pursuing value added transactions and working in the launch
of other vehicles following different strategies. Main responsibilities include:
- Structuring, financing and executing transactions, including management of all legal, tax, contractual and the
related negotiations with counterparties;
- Supervising financial modelling quality within the underwriting and investment decision;
- Supervising the elaboration of vehicles return figues as well as forecasts and best estimates for single
- Supervising the reporting to investors of the vehicles, involved financial accounting, etc.;
- Legal support to the vehicles and coordination of the legal functions, including DD processes and asset
management legal requirements;
- Arranging financings at SPV and fund level;
- Risk control within the vehicles;
- Developing processes and tools aimed at enhancing efficiency in the decision making and ongoing
- Fund raising activities;
- Coordinating the internal team of financial analyst and asset managers including in-house lawyers.
Sep. 2011 – currently IE Business School (Madrid). Professor
- Associate professor of Real Estate Investments in “Master in Advanced Finance” and “International MBA”.
- Associate professor of Financial Accounting in the masters in Finance programs.
- Writing and production of a multimedia case study in collaboration with the IE Innovation Department.
Nov. 2006 – Dec. 2015 Aareal Bank (Madrid). Senior Manager
Reporting directly to the General Manager for Spain and Portugal, in a commercial real estate bank:
- Origination activities: responsible for new financings’ completion from the very initial stage consisting on termsheet
production until the successful financing documents’ execution, including:
- Analysis and structuring of real estate lending transactions (including corporate financings, project
developments and purchase of debt);
- Leading negotiations with clients, amongst which, the most relevant real estate groups in Spain such as
Metrovacesa and Sonae and international real estate funds;
- Internally leading the credit approval process that includes the drafting of the necessary credit papers;
- Coordination of the different teams involved in the new financing process – internal as well as external
teams – such as consultants and lawyers;
- Coordination and negotiation with partner banks in club-deal financings;
- Leading the execution and the legal and commercial review of credit facility agreements;
- Projects: Ca. €200MM project development financing for the construction of the Arenas Shopping Center
in Barcelona; Ca. €100MM financing -as arranger- for the project finance of the Business Park in Northern
Madrid; over €100MM facility for refinancing of one of the largest shopping centers in Madrid.
- Portfolio Management activities: Local support to the portfolio management (including syndicated financings)
- NPL work-out activities:
- Executing debt restructuring process of facilities, including corporate financings and real estate guaranteed loans;
- Conducting asset acquisitions in the context of problematic loans.
Mar. 2003 – Nov. 2006 Eurohypo A.G. (Madrid and Barcelona). Analyst Investment Banking
- Analyst of real estate structured financings in an international bank world leader in commercial property
financing, subsidiary of the Commerzbank Group;
- Responsible of financing contracts completion including legal and commercial drafting of the agreements;
- Managing SAP registration of credit facilities;
- Drafting of documentation in a securitation project.
Oct. 2002 – Mar. 2003 AC Nielsen (Madrid, Spain). Junior Analyst
- Conducting market research and marketing consultancy;
- Drafting and conducting market study presentations to clients in different sectors.
Jun. 2002 – Sept. 2002 Deloitte & Touche (Seville, Spain). Junior Analyst
- Assistant to the Head of the SME Consultancy Department.